The system of rules, practices and processes by which a company is directed and controlled. Corporate governance essentially involves balancing the interests of the many stakeholders in a company - these include its shareholders, management, customers, suppliers, financiers, government and the community. Since corporate governance also provides the framework for attaining a company's objectives, it encompasses practically every sphere of management, from action plans and internal controls to performance measurement and corporate disclosure.
INTEROILCO is managed by the President, who reports to the Board of Director.
Roles and Responsibilities of the President.
Role of the President.
The President is responsible for running the business of the Company in close collaboration with and with the support of his executive colleagues.
The key responsibilities of the President include:
- Providing coherent leadership of the Company consistent with the Company’s Core Values;
- Developing Company objectives and strategy to be approved by the Board;
- Providing input to the Board’s agenda;
- Effective implementation of Board decisions in respect of the business;
- Effectively leading the Vice President in the day-to-day running of the Company’s business;
- Ensuring the development of, and the compliance by the business with, appropriate policies and procedures;
- Setting out the Company’s culture, values and behaviors with support from the executive team;
- Developing and promoting effective communications with shareholders and other relevant constituencies;
- Ensuring that robust management succession and management development plans are in place and presented to the Board from time to time;
Developing and maintaining an effective framework of internal controls over risk in relation to all business activities including the Company’s financial, commercial, administrative, operational and contractual activities
J.M. “George” Castellanos. MBA. JD. Eng.
Association of Energy Engineers, USA EPA CHP Association, National Association of Hispanic MBA’s, Project Management Association, Hedge Fund Managers Institute.
Industrial Systems Engineer, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia 1979 , EMBA Unidandes, 1989, Project Management Studies (University of Reading, England), International Management Studies (St. Thomas University, USA), Monticelly University (JDA) .
Power(Generation/Distribution) , Mining, Oil Field Development, Pipelines
Latin America, Africa, Afghanistan, Iraq
English and Spanish (100%), Portuguese (50%50%)
Mr. Castellanos has over 20 years experience working on international energy sector transactions (Oil, Gas, Coal, Pipelines and Power/Energy) with companies such as Cinergy, Enron, KCPL, Exxon, Occidental Petroleum, Morrison Knudsen and Williams. He is expert at identifying business opportunities, developing successful business proposals, structuring & analyzing business transactions, and successfully closing deals in the energy sector. Mr. Castellanos has worked on multiple gas related transactions, and is familiar with all stages of the gas to power value chain, from field development to generation, transmission and distribution. Mr. Castellanos is a member of the American Management Association, Project Management Association, American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Association of Energy Engineers.
Mr. Castellanos has worked for the following companies in executive positions:
Exxon, Occidental Petroleum, Kansas City Power and Light, Enron, Cinergy, Woodgroup.